September 11, 2009

Encouragement to Share

This was an encouraging email that I received from Pastor Paul Shepherd of Enduring Truth Ministries in California. He is my favorite pastor to listen to on the radio, and I got this email on my blackberry right after my Grandpa's funeral. Jesus loves me so much- knows just when I need his touch.

"In the midst of your busy week ... I want to encourage you to be a "praiser." Wake up praising God. Go to bed praising God. Drive to work praising God. Throughout each day, find time to give God praise.
Here are seven reasons why we should praise God regularly:
  1. We were created to praise God (1 Pet. 2:9).
  2. God deserves our constant praise (Ps. 113:3).
  3. Praise is the best way to approach God in prayer (Matt. 6:9).
  4. Praise wards off heaviness and despair (Isa. 61:3).
  5. It's the best response to the goodness of God (Ps. 103:2-5).
  6. It's an offering that truly pleases God (Heb. 13:15).
  7. Praise often leads to victory (2 Chron. 20:1-24).

No matter what your circumstance, God is worthy of our praise. What will you praise Him for today?"

God I praise you for Who You Are today. Circumstances, though full of blessing, are also sad in my life this week. So I fix my eyes on you, the author and perfector of my faith. Thank you Jesus for life, and death, and the opportunity to praise you during the short time we have on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment