January 8, 2010

Colt McCoy

Though I don't care about every detail of college football like my parents and siblings, I did watch the National Championship game last night. I wanted Texas to get smoked since Nebraska almost beat them in the Big 12 Championship game.

Again, I'm not a big rambler about college football, but my brother has never liked Colt McCoy much, and I listened to him and believed him...i even wanted him to lose.

I felt bad for the kid though last night. He's been waiting for this championship game forever - they thought they got cheated out of it last year...and the second play of the game he gets hurt.

Did he whine? did he insist that they could have won if he'd played? Did he cry or complain? Though he was clearly hurting and dissappointed he said in his post game interview:

"I give God the glory. I never ask why in situations like these. God is in control. I'm standing on the rock."

I think I have something to learn from this guy. Thank you God for the humility and faithfulness in those comments. Just pointing to you regardless of circumstances, good or bad. That's all we can do.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see his response after. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete