July 19, 2009

The Men in my Life




My husband Dustin is the absolute love of my life and my hero in pretty much every arena. He is the funniest person I know, and the weirdest person I know...one of the perks of the intimacy of marriage I suppose. He can be seen in this picture strangling Miles stuffed duck at Miles's first birthday party, which kind of says a lot. He hates having his picture taken, so when I get a treasure like this one, I savor it.


Isaiah Gibson





Isaiah's life has been nothing but a testimony of grace from the very first day I knew I was pregnant with him. Isaiah means God's salvation. Gibson is after his Daddy's guitar. Born in August of 2005, he is almost (gasp) 4! He is sweet, mild mannered, and very obedient the majority of the time. He is boy to the core, loving to play and watch anything on tv that includes a ball,, including basketball, golf, baseball, and football. His favorite color is indisputeably red, and he loves to wear ALL red as much as possible. He also loves anything with wheels and loves to go FAST.




Miles Lewis






Miles means soldier. Lewis means warrior. Miles is a name I fell in love with after one of my favorite characters in fiction. Lewis is a family name. Originally Florence Lewis, my great grandmother married Dale Reinhardt, and they had son Lewis K Reinhardt. Such a great man inspired James Lewis (my dad), John Lewis (my cousin), Lewis Scott (my brother), and now Miles Lewis. I got to name this kid - and the Lewis was truly after my brother, who had a life transformation in the name of Jesus in February when I was pregnant with Miles.




Born in May of 2008, Miles is feisty, persistent, adorable and TROUBLE. He always has an opinion and thinks he has to have his hands on and into everything. The word "no", out of my mouth at least, doesn't mean much to him. He also has a sweet side. He loves to help, cuddle and spend as much time as possible with his brother, though he never wants do anything Isaiah's way. A second child, like me, I'm excited and terrified to see what his future holds, and how his personality will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment