July 28, 2009

The voices in my head

I got up this morning for some 'quiet time' to read my bible before the boys woke up. I'm reading 1 Samuel, and I was just reading about the classic Bible story of God's voice calling to Samuel. Because he was young, he didn't recognize the voice of God when God called his name. I was just praying that I would learn to recognize God's voice, when I heard a different, frantic voice from the basement, "Mommy, mommy, come quick!"

Isaiah was standing at the foot of the stairs, his little stomach heaving as the flu bug wreaked havoc on his diaphragm. What are the odds that the one time of the year my family gets the flu, we're on vacation!! Miles had flu symptoms all weekend, but despite the gross digestive system issues, both boys have had energy and seem to feel good, so that is a blessing.

It's a cooler day on the lake today, a little below 60, so we're not ready for any water activities yet, but as soon as Miles wakes up from his morning nap, I'm going to take the boys for a walk in the woods.

Verse of the day, thanks Facebook application (jeez i'm a dork) is:

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
2 Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment