July 20, 2009

My Favorite Summer Meal

Taco Salad

hamburger, browned, drained & rinsed
red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
pepper jack cheese, cubed
monterrery jack cheese, cubed
ranch dressing
chilli powder
chopped bell peppers of various colors
one tomato, diced

mix all ingredients together and refrigerate. Serve with lettuce and chilli cheese fritos

I didn't put amounts of ingredients, because you can vary them to suit your own tastes. Maybe you're in a meaty mood - use more hamburger. Maybe you like a lot of beans - go crazy with the beans! I love orange & yellow peppers the best, but depending on the grocery store price and the state of my bank account, sometimes I don't pay for those colors, and get green or red peppers. My mom uses onions instead of bell peppers, cheddar instead of pepper jack, and green goddess dressing instead of ranch; but we like the above mixture better. I don't think you can actually buy green goddess dressing in scottsbluff anymore but that what was in the original recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment