July 19, 2009

Ten Mile here I come

Threeish days until I leave for summer vacation without my husband. Excited? Yes I am. Crazy? Yes I am. Dreading the entire trip? Yes, a little bit, I am.
From Scottsbluff to Ten Mile Lake, near Hackensack, MN it's about 12 hours, if you are a road warrior and Helen speeds.
Road Warrior - (n.) a person who consistently goes above the speed limit and stops as little as possible. Stopping is only permitted to eat, drink, fill up your tank or empty your bladder. Must be named Helen Reinhardt. Must talk much at great length through all trips about the fact that one is a road warrior. Must have become this way by being tormented by husband Jim to stop at every gimmicky tourist trap on I-90 across the state of South Dakota (i.e. Pioneer's Auto Museum in Murdo, South Dakota; Corn Palace, in Mitchell, SD) just because he knew it would annoy her.
Not being named Helen, and also knowing if the trip is made with two kids who feel the need to pee, scream and hit each other, I'm going to estimate that it would take me about 15 hours. Therefore, to preserve the lives of my children and my own sanity, I'm breaking up the trip a bit.
Wednesday we're heading to Lincoln, where we'll spend two full days with my grandparents. A trip to the children's museum is planned, and whatever else my Grandad has on his mind. then Friday night after dinner, I'm driving the sleeping (please God?) boys to Owatonna MN to stay with Dustin's parents for two days. Sunday night around 7, I'll then drive the sleeping (please, please God?) boys to Ten Mile Lake in central MN. I'm hoping to stop and see my friend Brittany in St. Paul at her new apartment, but if she's in the middle of moving in, I'll probably catch her on the way back home.
We're meeting my parents and sister at the Massey family's home on the lake, I could not be more excited. I'm going with a mind to have a complete servant's heart, and to read my Bible a lot. To anyone who reads this in the next couple weeks, please pray for safety and patience and intimacy with God on this trip.
Ten Mile, after 5 years away from you, Here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment